Tuesday, July 1, 2014

hoops dreams creamed for now

I have always had a lifelong passion with basketball , i used to admire players and always wanted to be like them . I used to go around swimming pool area and start day dreaming where my team would win and i would be popular and then soon be the king of the world . I am sure guys around Thimphu can relate to this passion. Real life does not work that way.

Soon you realize that this king of the world is being single offhandedly blocked by this 15 year old kid who looks younger than your son if you had married 2 years ago , then all this king of the world wants a cup of ice cream , no more basketball.


Basketball led men to become heroes in Thimphu.  A game played by the mighty kings. Basketball would rule over all other sports in Thimphu.

Now after a decade of playing almost 15 tournaments i am forced  to accept fact that some dreams are never meant to be. Sure i have had my own shares of trying to play my heart out and to be the best player out there but the disappointment of losing is just a tad bit more when you give it all you got and then you get thrashed 50 -10.

So here is an adios to a life long passion.I am not giving up but coming to agree with the fact that somethings are never meant to be and that there are a lot more wonderful things out there like traveling and secretly trying to rip the car tires of those guys who thrashed us in the last game .

I am always gonna play the game and enjoy it but i have out grown basketball , real life needs to be filled, bills needs to be paid.

and to those gifted athletes who work hard and inspire us to try harder in the local games ,, i hope you twist your ankle and your ligament just rips wide open.

I am going to make sure that i train my son who will be born in a couple of years to be the best athlete and make sure he whoops your sons ass and for now you can keep playing and practicing, i gotta go get my ticket to see an NBA game ..TRUE STORY
!!!!!!!11


No comments:

Post a Comment